Thursday, October 8, 2009

Learning...

It took me some time to realize that you are always capable of learning something new. Its just how you interpret your learning's, which undoubtedly sets us apart from each other.

I learned some great things about the world in my lecture yesterday. We talked about how all research is bias. We looked at key things like what makes us bias, for instance, when growing up, we look at our teachers as authority figures. In some cases when the teacher tells a student that something is done a certain way, the student see that way as the only right way, no matter if they're are other ways, Ms. Brown is always right. =P (My apologies this is from lecture and tutorial)

One thing the prof mentioned was that when growing up, in our teens mostly, we become smart from trying to learn from our own experiences. I felt that, damn, I'm so ahead of my time. Then he mentioned something which I actually tried to stay away from. He said, "Now it's time to become intelligent and learn from others mistakes and achievements." He is so right! He encouraged us to talk to people in our fields, because if you want to be a billionaire, you need to know what the billionaire did to get there, and the best way to do so is to speak to one! The logic behind this is so simple!...

...But why am I still at home typing on my computer?... Because some of us gain the knowledge, but then lack the courage to expand our networks. One of my friend's, Paul, seems fearless to me. Paul seems like that guy that knows what to say in any situation. I believe that I'm only good in those situations when it counts, like getting a job. He seems to be on his game 24-7. I know, it may seem inevitable, so I might as well say it, I am jealous of Paul, but who isn't? lol XD
This leads me back to the beginning, everything we do is bias and subjective. First, I don't see Paul 24-7; and second, I am jealous of Paul for certain reasons, which makes me judge him in my own persona. Which intent leads to every type of research to be bias. =] (Aren't I hilarious? >.<)

No comments:

Post a Comment